Hosanna Ministries, (formerly known as Calvary Fellowship) was founded in the year 1990 after much prayer and direction from God. The Church had its humble beginnings with just 5 members of our home. Through much intercession and seeking the face of the Lord, God added precious people to this ministry and the Church.
More people had joined the church and a larger premises needed. The services were then held in a nearby school, where we continued to labour faithfully with the men and women that God gave to us.
To cater for the growing number of people we acquired a church site. A decision was taken by the leadership to erect a 250 seater tent on site which is near to full capacity. People with specific giftings and talents were drawn to this Ministry to complement the vision of the local church. In fact the Church is strategically positioned to impact not only the local community but also the communities outside Phoenix and the nation at large. The growth of the church has expanded to 350 committed and dedicated members.
THE CHURCH HAS A MINISTRY THAT IS MULTI-FACETED
It is the Church’s priority to assist people in need of spiritual development. With limited resources the church is always willing to restore the whole person including the physical and the psychological man; by assisting with material and financial resources if and when necessary. The church is embarking on other projects such as feeding schemes, the running of a “free” screening and medical centre to alleviate the needs in our community. Our monthly feeding programs bring cheer to the lives of those overlooked and neglected by society.
God has also opened doors for us to be effective in the rural areas and townships, transcending cultural, socio-economic and religious barriers. Incorporated in our vision for the building program is to have a permanent counseling centers to cater for those who are abused, addicted to drugs and alcohol.
We have also noticed a decline on our educational system and wish to be of some assistance in our Community. Therefore we have started a feeding program at the nearby primary and secondary schools. We have also implemented a weekly program to cater for scholars within the community that are in need of supplementary teaching classes. This program is hosted by voluntary professional educators within the church.
Our principle is to sow in the midst of our challenges so that our coming generation will reap with joy.
OUR VISION STATEMENT
- To glorifying God by reaching the multitudes of lost and hurting people within our local and surrounding community by forcefully advancing the Kingdom of God into the nations of the world
- To lead individuals to Christ through the preaching of the Word of God and by living a life that is an accurate reflection of the life of our Lord Jesus Christ
- To mature believers into excited followers of Jesus Christ
- To allow Christians to build authentic relationships with others in the body of Christ
- To allows us to meet our world with the love of Christ.
We will achieve this vision:
- By employing culturally relevant methods, excellence in our ministries and by demonstrating Christ’s heart and love in everything we do
- By winning people to Christ and gathering people into the fellowship of the church
To spread a passion for the supremacy of God in all things for the joy of all people through Jesus Christ:
- By setting an atmosphere for creative, inspiring worship services and encouraging personal devotion and study
- By enabling individual to use their spiritual gifts in worship services and fellowship and support groups
- By ministering to the needs of our community, our nation and our world
- By winning people to Christ and gathering people into the fellowship of the church that’s “growing”
- By establishing integrated ministries of evangelism, outreach and discipleship.
That is our mission statement.
- It brings focus to our labour again and again
- It gives unity and coherence to ministry
- It helps establish priorities
- It makes God central and evangelism urgent, and God uses it to energize us when we are languishing and floundering.